SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM
Episode #29 - Leslie Samuel
https://www.clinandmedimages.com/8nv9h6onf6m My guest this week is the awesome Leslie Samuel.
https://ladyonarock.com/jjjzu2gn Leslie is a former university professor and the creator of ‘Become A Blogger’ – a blog dedicated to the craft of professional blogging. He’s also the founder and host of a podcast called ‘Blogging with Leslie’ in which he interviews other bloggers who have built successful platforms.
https://highskywing.org/?p=q4fxvm3ln We then got into talking about the big question: Which should come first? The social community or the blog?
Find all show notes and links from this talk on https://creativepreneurmagazine.com/podcast.
Links & Resources from the show
https://www.naomella.com/2022/06/9fx4pp4m01 Find Leslie at:
https://fizazzle.com/0c7tsd5wpd1 Book Recommendations:
Key Points from the Podcast
- 0:47 Sagi introduces Leslie.
- 3:51 Leslie talks about how he transitioned from being a professor to becoming a blogger.
- 6:41 Leslie explains how leaving his regular job as a professor to pursue blogging was rough for him and how long it took for things to normalize financially.
- 9:10 Leslie explains exactly how he earned money from his blog.
- 11:37 Talks about how to build an audience for your blog who will eventually bring you revenue and to whom you can sell your products.
- 15: 09 Explains how to find your niche and how to create great content that will bring you traffic.
- 18:01 talks about the importance of research such as using GA for better profitability.
- 22:00 Shares tips to improve your blog’s ranking in Google more quickly.
- 22:47 How to find the inspiration and time to create great content.
- 28:37 Talks about finding and hiring a VA to delegate tasks for more productivity and better time management.
- 37:29 Talks about the importance of being in sync with your partner if you have one and taking care of your relationship.
- 44:14 Explains how to create a community in 2019 and beyond and the best places to create and establish a community.
- 54:34 Explains how to create a feedback mechanism for podcast audiences and how to get them to come back to you..
- 59:22 Explains how to get people to care about your podcasts and listen to those when you are just starting out.