Join the Mindful & Ruthless Facebook group & enjoy the show LIVE every week →
Episode #14 – Jason Zook
Jason Zook is one of the most creative entrepreneurs that I’ve ever met or even heard of.
He left his dayjob, and managed to creatively build a 7 figure business called iWearYourShirt which was covered on almost every possible news outlet. He basically wore tshirts of brands and made a creative viral video on a daily basis wearing tshirts with the paying company’s logo.
But then he found himself in a lifestyle he did not want for himself – so he made a bold descision, shut down iWearYourShirt and make a new lifestyle for himself.
But that didn’t stop his creativity – Since then he self published a book in which he got a sponsor for every single page, sold his family name twice, invented a creative payment system to launching products online, and had multiple successful online courses.
If this is not enough, he sold his future with his crazy invention of buymyfuture.com’ – twice – before bringing in his lovely wife Caroline and selling HER future as well.
Our guest, as you can understand by now, always does things differently, and ever so creatively.
But he doesn’t stop there… He actually writes & podcasts about every piece of his process & journey transparently, sharing his decision making process, strategy and tools.
In this interview, we went into the topics of growing an email list and an engaged audience. We talked about getting things done – especially when it feels like you just don’t have enough time on your hands. We talked a little about sponsorship and also about starting out your brand.
Ladies and gents, it’s my pleasure to present to you… Jason Zook.
Find all shownotes and links from this talk on https://creativepreneurmagazine.com/podcast.
Links & Resources from the show
Find Jason at:
Recommendations for books & apps:
- Jason’s social media detox – https://jasondoesstuff.com/social-media-detox/
- Mailchimp VS convertkit VS. Activecampaign VS. Drip – https://jasondoesstuff.com/tools/
- Should you be a specialist or a generalist – https://jasondoesstuff.com/specialist-or-generalist/work-min-2/
- iWearYourShirt (if you’d like to see what Jason did back then…) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKbpLDJRGg4
- Jason’s TedX talk: Write Your Own Future – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxdOKcPAwO0
- Right message personalization – https://rightmessage.com/
- Article on Time Blocking by Jason – https://jasondoesstuff.com/time
- We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
- Pines (Wayward Pines)
- Matt D’Avella’s Youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/blackboxfilmcompany/about
Key Points from the Podcast
- About Jason Zook.
- What Jason works right now.
- What process does Jason do in documenting.
- Talks about social media in using it for business
- List building tactics.
- Taking the “slow road” for email building list.
- Best way to get started fast in business.
- Business online or day job employee.
- Talks about sponsorship.
- Talks about funnels.
- Jason’s recommendations.
- How to unblock yourself and do the work.
- Where to find Jason.