Episode #10 - Glen Henry
My guest today is a super talented and successful rapper.
He was deep in the rap game, building his rapping career, traveling on tours across the US…
But when he became a father he made a bold decision: He decided that he wants to stay home, with his kids and wife, instead of living his life on tour.
The calling to be a present dad and husband was bigger for him than being a famous rapper, and he decided to ruthlessly listen to his gut feeling despite his fans, social environment, and current success.
With this super bold decision, Glen decided to become a stay-at-home dad and eventually started documenting his life raising his children.
Eventually he launched a youtube channel called “Beleaf in Fatherhood”!
I’m super happy to say that just prior to being on this show, his youtube channel just crossed the 100K subscribers mark, and this provides for him and his family.
In this super inspiring interview we talk about his story, the bold decision he had to make, we talk about the importance of having a long term vision, about consistency, about accountability, and about doing things out of passion, and for a brief moment, we even talked about parenting.
Ladies and gents, it’s my pleasure to present to you… Glen Henry.
Find all shownotes and links from this talk on https://creativepreneurmagazine.com/podcast.
Links & Resources from the show
Find Glen at:
- Glen Henry’s Youtube Channel – Beleaf In Fatherhood
- Second Youtube Channel – Frank Puppet
- Book – It’s Bedtime Now
- Instagram – @BeleafMel
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/BeleafMel
- Yvette Henry’s (Glen’s wife) Instagram – @mrsmelanin
- Podcast – How Married are You (for Patreons)
- Glen’s TedX Talk: What I’ve learned being a stay at home dad.
Recommendations for Podcast, Books, Apps:
Key Points from the Podcast
- Glen Henry shares about his story. His family and kids. Talks about his subjects for his content. [00:01:17]
- Talks about Instagram story. The importance of being aware where people’s eye right now. How he discover his plans and goals in 15 years through his wife. [00:03:51]
- Glen gives suggestions to those people who just started their business and brand in how to grow their audience online. The importance of making plans and strategy in your platform. The essence of being consistent. [00:08:38]
- He gives tips for people not consistent in their social media campaign, posting, stories, etc., He also explained the importance of planning ahead of time. [00:11:46]
- Glen as “dad for a living and being paid to be a dad. [00:14:19]
- He shares about his two Youtube channels and his book. Talks about serving a legacy together with his wife and make an impact. [00:16:32]
- Glen shares his experience in how to get better on parenting. [00:19:37]
- Talks about the strategies on how to increase Youtube subscribers. [00:23:57]
- Tools to use in Youtube and how to be a resourceful. [00:27:45]
- Glen gives update with his music. [00:31:13]
- Recommendations for Youtube channel and books. [00:32:28]
- Future plans with IG TV. [00:35:16]